019467 25640 (Phone)
Documents

Drigg & Carleton Parish Council Minutes May 10/05/2022

Minutes Uploaded on May 19, 2022

Drigg and Carleton Parish Council

MINUTES OF THE MAY 2022 ORDINARY MEETING OF THE

DRIGG AND CARLETON PARISH COUNCIL

Held in Drigg Village Hall on 10th May 2022 at 7.30 pm

Attended:           John Jennings                                  (Chair)

Andy Pratt                                        (Vice-Chair)

Justine Robinson                             (Responsible Financial Officer)

Keith Murray

Jo Whyte

Suey Browne

Jimmy Naylor

Karen Warmoth                              (Temporary Clerk)

Keith Hitchen                                   (County Councillor)

Apologies:          David Millington

  • Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting held on 10th May 2022
    1. There were no amendments to the minutes of 12th April 2022
  • Resolution to approve and signature of minutes
    1. Proposed by JW and seconded by KM that the minutes of the meeting of 12th April 2022 were a true and accurate record; agreed unanimously by the Parish Councillors and subsequently signed by the Chair as such
  • Apologies for absence
    1. See above
  • Financial Matters
    1. Finance Report: the RFO presented a Financial Statement with a total ending balance of £5,058.57
    2. Payments:
      1. Zurich Hall insurance due at a cost of £1,497.61
      2. invoices for Clerk’s services at a cost of £60.24 (Feb 2022) with costs of £30.12 and to be reimbursed by the Drigg Charity for Secretary’s services
  • invoice for Clerk’s services £156.62 (March – April 2022), with costs of £70.28 to be reimbursed by the Drigg Charity for Secretary’s services
  1. CALC subscription of £174.26
  1. Receipts: the precept of £3,250 was received
  2. AGAR: to be completed when bank statements are received, signed and minuted at the AGM on 24th May 2022, then sent to the auditor, added to the website and placed on the Drigg Village Hall noticeboard
  • Actions and Matters Arising from previous Council meetings
    1. CALC subs: all in favour of renewal at a cost of £174.26
    2. Potholes: repairs in hand by CCC Highways; potholes marked for filling
    3. Reporting potholes: procedure detailed on website; priority given to highest number of complaints, so parishioners should be encouraged to highlight potholes to CCC Highways
    4. Actions: all other actions from April 2022 meeting completed
  • Reports from County and District Councillors
    1. County: KH had no County Report but requested to return to the Parish Council; matter to be added to the agenda for the next meeting
    2. Copeland: AP reported on the CBC AGM on 10th May 2022 which elected the same executive as before; this is the last year of CBC before Shadow Authority takes over as Cumberland Council; AP elected as member for Millom Without Ward on 5th May 2022
  • Public Participation
    1. No members of the public came forward
  • Main Business
    1. Highways: more emails from the parishioner about parking causing an obstruction on Holmrook Hill suggesting the problem is in the evenings. Resolution to bring the matter to the attention of Paul Turner who sits on CRASH. Issue of SIDS raised – to be added to the agenda of the next meeting
    2. LLWR / NWS: JJ agreed to circulate the minutes of this meeting; query whether they may be added to the website
    3. Community Communications:
      1. Bench: re-siting bench (currently sited near Manhole 11). Various sites suggested subject to local landowners’ agreement. Resolution to ask parishioners via the website to suggest an appropriate site
      2. Refugee funds: housing refugees is a Govt funded scheme and not within the remit of the Parish Council; household items available for refugees from Millom Network Centre
    4. CLP: Village Hall Staircase: although planning application has lapsed, the fee will not be payable again when the form is re-submitted

 

Action Point 5/1: Clerk to email Paul Turner re dangerous parking

Action Point 5/2: SB to check if LLWR liaison cttee minutes may be shared on the website

Action Point 5/3: SB to ask via website where locals prefer the bench to be re-sited

 

  • Received communications
    1. BHS email: British Horse Society have emailed asking for Historical Research Volunteers in Cumbria to record legal rights and preserve and reinstate routes

 

Action Point 5/4: Clerk for forward BHS email to SB and to Cumbria Riding Club

 

  • Planning Applications
    1. No new planning applications made to Copeland BC or to LDNP Planning
  • Reports from Representatives
    1. GDF Community Partnership: Ask the Experts update in Drigg Village Hall on 17th May 2022 all afternoon and early evening; sonar survey of the seabed due in June/July from Drigg to Millom
    2. LLWR Liaison: site hours review underway which should reduce the problem of very early morning traffic to the site
    3. CALC Report: CALC Newsletter available on their website; AP requested information on NALC’s online seminar on Fighting Climate Change

 

Action point 5/5: Clerk to email ticketing info on Fighting Climate Change to AP

 

  • Agenda for next meeting
    1. Extra-Ordinary General Meeting to transact AGM business
    2. KH to be co-opted as Parish Councillor
    3. Next meeting 24th May 2022 at 7.00 pm in Drigg Village Hall

 

 

Summary of Action Points

 

 

Action Point 5/1: Clerk to email Paul Turner re dangerous parking

Action Point 5/2: SB to check if LLWR liaison cttee minutes may be shared on the website


Action Point 5/3:
SB to ask via website where locals prefer the bench to be re-sited


Action Point 5/4:
Clerk for forward BHS email to SB and to Cumbria Riding Club


Action point 5/5:
Clerk to email ticketing info on Fighting Climate Change to AP