019467 25640 (Phone)
Documents

Drigg & Carleton Parish Council Minutes June 14/06/2022

Minutes Uploaded on June 25, 2022

Drigg and Carleton Parish Council

MINUTES OF THE MAY 2022 ORDINARY MEETING OF THE

DRIGG AND CARLETON PARISH COUNCIL

Held in Drigg Village Hall on 14th June 2022 at 7.30 pm

 

Attended:          John Jennings                                  (Chair)

Andy Pratt                                        (Vice-Chair)

Keith Murray

Jo Whyte

Suey Browne

Keith Hitchen

Karen Warmoth                              (Temporary Clerk)

Apologies:        Justine Robinson                             (Responsible Financial Officer)

 

  • Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting held on 10th May 2022
    1. Proposed by AP and seconded by KH that the minutes of the meeting of 10th May 2022 were a true and accurate record; agreed unanimously by the Parish Councillors and subsequently signed by the Chair as such
  • Minutes of the Extra Ordinary Annual General Meeting held on 24th May 2022
    1. Proposed by AP and seconded by SB that the minutes of the AGM held on 24th May 2022 were a true and accurate record; agreed unanimously by the Parish Councillors and subsequently signed by the Chair as such
  • Resolution: minutes of both meetings in May 2022 were approved
  • Apologies for absence: see above
  • Financial Matters
    1. Finance Report: the balance is £6,419.84
    2. Payments:
      1. Data Protection: fee renewal of £40 due for payment by 21st July 2022; approved by KH, seconded by AP, all in favour of renewal this year and annually thereafter
    3. Receipts: none listed
    4. AGAR: to be completed when the audit is complete
  • Actions and Matters Arising from previous Council meetings
    1. Action Point 5/1: CRASH meeting held 14th June 2022; Cllr Paul Turner to report on dangerous parking on Holmrook Hill
    2. Action Point 5/2: LLWR/NSW liaison minutes may be shared; suggested that either a key of acronyms is used or no acronyms are used at all
    3. Action Point 5/3: suggested site for bench next to bus stop proposed by KH, seconded by KM, majority in favour; JJ to confirm if landowner would give permission (query whether Highways might also need to be notified)
    4. Action Points: all remaining listed actions completed
  • Reports from County and District Councillors
    1. County: KH had nothing to report
    2. Copeland: AP had nothing to report
    3. Cumberland: AP had nothing to report
    4. Coastal Committee: AP and KH both members and will report to PC at July Meeting
  • Public Participation
    1. No members of the public came forward
  • Standing Orders
    1. Review: KH reviewed the previous Standing Orders adopted in 2008 and made two suggested amendments and clarified a point regarding interests. AP proposed the 2022 amendments were adopted, seconded by JW, all in favour
      1. Finance: electronic payments may be made by the RFO if the payment has been minuted and authorised by the Parish Council; matter of electronic payments to be raised at the next meeting to consider approving electronic payments
      2. Meeting length: no Parish Council meeting may last longer than two hours
  • Interests: a member declaring a pecuniary interest in an agenda item must leave the room; a member declaring a non-pecuniary interest may remain but take no part in the debate

 

  1. Declarations of Pecuniary Interests: two members updated their DPIs; one member is in the process of doing so. All other members considered no relevant changes needed to be recorded

 

Action Point 6/1: Clerk to forward newly updated DPIs to Copeland

 

  • Main Business
    1. Highways: Holmrook Hill parking still being monitored; residents need to obtain photos of dangerously parked vehicles and log incidents with Highways; Paul Turner to report on CRASH meeting (taking place this evening)
    2. PRoW: West Lakes Rotary Club are applying to GDF Mid Copeland Community Partnership for funding to upgrade route from Irton church to Holmrook, supported by the Parish CLP and a PC letter of support
    3. LLWR / NWS: JJ circulated the minutes of the Liaison Group with the approval of NWS
    4. Community Communications: Beach Monitoring consultation by Sellafield to be held via an online Teams meeting on 14th July 2022 at 9.30 am to 11 am; all PC members welcome to attend (email with details of how to login circulated)
    5. CLP: the CLP is a live document subject to ongoing review. KH suggested:
      1. Item 3: remove link to item 5 which no longer exists
      2. Item 23: evidence required to prove there is a housing need in Drigg via a housing needs survey; Copeland commissioned one in 2019 and have data for Drigg

 

Action Point 6/2: AP to ask Copeland for data from their recent housing needs survey

Action Point 6/3: AP to ask Copeland Planning Officer to come and speak to PC re policy

 

  • Item 26: removed as action completed
  1. Further items: additional items from the CLP will be discussed at the next meeting
  1. Parish matters
    1. Jubilee: excellent turnout, positive feedback for afternoon tea and evening event; the PC wishes to extend its thanks to Fiona Roberts and her team for organising such a successful celebration; Jubilee gifts to be sent out by Friday 17th June 2022
    2. ACT: newsletters to be monitored for possible funding for Village Hall when available
  • Received communications
    1. Annual Parish Meeting: minutes – noted
    2. CALC: Guidance for Grant Funding – noted
    3. Emergency Plan: query whether a resilience plan is needed?

 

Action Point 6/4: Clerk to circulate CALC guidance email and model form re resilience and emergency planning to all councillors for consideration

 

  • Planning Applications
    1. Copeland Borough Council
      1. CBC App 4/21/2534/0O1 Bowrie Fauld: outline planning permission passed 5-3 by CBC
      2. CBC Ref 4/22/2070/0O1 Land North of Station Road, Drigg: JJ declared a pecuniary interest and left the room. The amended application addressed the issue of access for locals, drainage and highways. Proposed self-build plots. Parish Council in favour with the proviso that some provision should be made for some affordable plots for locals
    2. Lake District National Park Planning Board
      1. Ref 7/2022/4045 Saltcoats Caravan Site: local residents have expressed concern at the increased volume of traffic, including large and wide vehicles, along narrow lanes which are single track in places. While acknowledging the traffic issue the Parish Council is broadly supportive of the application

 

Action Point 6/5: Clerk to email CBC and LDNPA planning boards respectively with the PC’s comments

 

  • Cumbria Association of Local Councils
    1. Copeland District of CALC AGM
      1. AGM: due to take place online on 12th July 2022 at 7 pm via Teams
      2. Nominations: AP nominated for election to the post of Chair, proposed by JW, seconded by SB; KH nominated for election to the post of Vice-Chair, proposed by JW and seconded by SB

 

Action Point 6/6: Clerk to email CALC with nominations by 30th June 2022

 

  • Reports from Representatives
    1. GDF Mid Copeland Community Partnership: AP reported sonar testing to take place in the Solway Firth in June/July; three people have applied to join the GDF board who meet the criteria; approximately £300k has been distributed by the GDF Partnership fund, and if all current applications are approved, the £1 million will be all spent; new Chair of the GDF committee to be selected in July when present incumbent steps down; Drigg and Carleton is currently the only Parish which has not as yet submitted an application for funding
    2. LLWR / NWS Liaison: next meeting may need to be cancelled
    3. CALC Report: nothing to report other than forthcoming AGM (see item 13)
  • Agenda for next meeting
    1. Further amendments to the CLP to be discussed
    2. Electronic payments: whether the Members approve of payments made electronically
    3. Resilience and Emergency Plan for the Parish
  • Date of next meeting
    1. Meeting closed 9.15 pm
    2. Next meeting to be held on Thursday 14th July 2022 at Drigg Village Hall at 7.30 pm
    3. Please note the day is changed to Thursday for July only!

 

 

 

 

Summary of Action Points

 

 

Action Point 6/1: Clerk to forward newly updated DPIs to Copeland

 

Action Point 6/2: AP to ask Copeland for data from their recent housing needs survey

 

Action Point 6/3: AP to ask Copeland Planning Officer to come and speak to PC re policy

 

Action Point 6/4: Clerk to circulate CALC guidance email and model form re resilience and emergency planning to all councillors for consideration

 

Action Point 6/5: Clerk to email CBC and LDNPA planning boards respectively with the PC’s comments

 

Action Point 6/6: Clerk to email CALC with nominations by 30th June 2022